To better satisfy the needs of our valued customers. North American Life Insurance Company Limited and North American Fire and General Insurance Company Limited have appointed an Internal Ombudsman to independently manage customer’s complaints and grievances.
This person will serve as a mediator between Policyholders and the Company and can be contacted as follows:
Name : Hemendra Persaud
Registered Office : 30-31 Regent and Hinck Street, Georgetown
Working Hours : Monday to Thursday 8:00 am to 16:30 hrs. Friday 8:00 am to 16:00 hrs
Telephone # : (592) 227-0440-3 Ext 239 (592) 655-2270
E-Mail Address : email@example.com
WHO CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT
``Any customer who is of the view that a claim has been unfairly declined, or that the amount of the claim payment was less than the amount to which they are fairly entitled, or that in any other respect the provisions of their insurance contract have been unfairly dealt with``
FUNCTIONS OF THE OMBUDSMAN
The functions of the ombudsman are as stipulated below:
1) Information Gathering and Analysis
The ombudsman is empowered to receive and consider complaints from any person who has a grievance against the company. These complaints may be in relation to any of the following:
• Instances where a consumer is of the view that a claim has been unfairly declined
• That the amount of the claim payment was less than the amount to which they are fairly entitled
• That in any other respect the provisions of their insurance contract have been unfairly dealt with
2) Issuance of Rulings on complaints received
SO, HOW DOES IT WORK?
• The insurer has a maximum of six weeks from the date of first receipt of a complaint, to investigate and notify the complainant as to the results of the investigation
• When a complaint is settled through the mediation of the Ombudsman, he will make recommendations which he thinks fair in the circumstances of the case.
• When the internal ombudsman has made a decision as to the validity of the complaint, the complainant will be notified as to the response by way of a letter, referred to in the Insurance Act as a “final position letter”.
• If the insurer is of the view that the complaint is not valid, the final position letter will clearly set out the company’s reasons for arriving at that position.
WHAT CAN HAPPEN NEXT?
The process does not conclude with the Ombudsman. Customers who are not satisfied with the Complaint Resolution Process are entitled to submit a copy of the correspondence between themselves and the insurer, plus a copy of the final position letter, to the Insurance Supervision Department at the Bank of Guyana for review.
To better equip our customers to resolve their complaints and/or grievances, the company will provide the claimant with the name and address of the person at the Bank to whom the material could be sent.
NALICO/NAFICO stands committed to its promise of providing the most competitive rates, courteous customer services along with a prompt and efficient claim settlement process.
We aren’t just an insurer, “We’re your friends for Life”